Friday, November 1, 2013

Posted by Unknown | File under :
Remember the days when you were a kid and the word "love" was such a powerful word, we didn't use it to describe how we felt about someone? We either liked someone, or LIKED liked someone. By repeating the word it was supposed to mean something more than it being said once. Maybe it was just me or the way I was raised. My mom always told me never say you love someone unless you really mean it. What may seem like a simple statement to you, carries an indescribable meaning to the other person, and you cant take back what's already been said. Words aren't just words.When you put those words together, they create a statement that carries a meaning, an impact, and a purpose. 

Every guy I've dated,  I have told them to not tell me they love me unless they are completely sure.  If you really like me, or think you love me, say you "like like" me until you are ready to say the "L word". It may seem like I'm taking it back to middle school with the word choice, but love is too special of a word to just throw around all willy  nilly. So if I sound 12, so be it. I'm not a fairy tale romantic, I just choose to not inflict people with the pain of my words if I don't mean what I say. After all, quoting Pat Benatar: Love is a battlefield. It's messy and you don't need to bring unnecessary hurt into it if you can avoid it. Protect yourself and others from heartache, and keep yourself from tossing the "L word" around if you don't mean it.  

-Jaxx



0 comments:

Post a Comment