Monday, November 25, 2013

One thing I have always took pride in, is my independence. I never felt I truly needed anyone, because I could do things on my own. That was what I believed until this morning, when I realized I may not be as independent as I thought. Running late for work, I forgot to pack my lunch, causing me to go out for my afternoon sustenance. So, as I sit in my little cubicle, I try to decide where I want to eat. All I can think of is eating pizza at my favorite Italian cafe (let's face it, Italian food is delicious). So the 'where' in my dilemma is solved, now to move on to the 'who' , as in who am I going to go to lunch with. Then it hit me. I have never gone out to eat alone. Sure, I've ordered 'to-go' and then eaten in my car by myself, or have eaten in the break room alone, but never sat down in a restaurant and eaten alone. That's always seemed to be a partner or group activity to me, and looked so lonely for those I saw who did eat alone. How could I call myself truly independent, but be unable to go out and do something as simple as eating alone in a restaurant? I couldn't. 

I can not in good conscience, allow myself to continue this pattern. It's good to be able to go out and do things, without having to rely on people to do them with, and to know that I am confident enough to do them alone. People wont always be around, or available to be there when you need them to be, so I should be able to do them on my own. So garçon, table for one please. Yes, the one by the window will be fine. I will be breaking out of my comfort zone today and eating alone in my favorite cafe. This is the first step into my adventure of stepping out of my comfort zone. Stay tuned...

-Jaxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment