Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Posted by Unknown | File under : , , , , , , , ,
I wasn't raised to judge or hate someone based on their color, gender, or orientation. But, that doesn't mean that I don't think racism and prejudices don't exist. I don't live under a rock. I live it everyday, not only as a woman, but as a black woman. But, it still throws me off kilter when I hear people allow bigotry to fall out of their mouths like it's ok. Yes yes, I know, freedom of speech. But, why does the color of skin, if you're a man or woman, gay or straight, matter? People have fought, risked, and even lost their lives, to ensure we follow the very words our country was founded on. "We the people". We are all people. We have the right to be who, and what we are. It shouldn't matter about the rest. To loosely quote Martin Luther King Jr; don't  judge people by the color of their skin, gender or orientation, but by the content of their character. Let their morals, ethics, character and actions be what defines them. 

-Jaxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment