Monday, December 9, 2013

Posted by Unknown | File under : , , , ,
Look Ma!! I'm fashionable!! 
Being a big girl in a tiny waist world, it seems like there isn't a lot out there for a size 16 to fit into without looking like a sack of potatoes or a can of busted biscuits. Like that food analogy? Yeah, I thought you might.  I'm a girl that is besties with food, and is known to never turn away a good Italian meal. Damn you carbs. Although I have love for all things delicious, I'm on good terms with the gym. I embrace by curves, but value fitness. But what is out there for a girl my size, that is fashionable and doesn't cost me selling my soul or taking out a loan to pay for an extra yard of fabric? Calm down, don't think so hard, I can see your brain smoking. I know there aren't a lot of affordable places that caters to my fantabulous body of curves, and that's the price I pay for being in love with food. But, there is one thing in this wonderfully fashionable world that doesn't have a size limit. It's a one size fits all, made for everyone item. If you were thinking handbags, you are a very smart cookie (oh look another food analogy), but if you WEREN'T thinking handbags, let me explain. 


Steve Madden...oh how I adore thee
Purses are a gift from the fashion gods, and I feel are personally meant for me. When I go to the store to find something beautiful to wear, I don't have to go to the plus size section and endure the torture to find something that isn't too tight, looks like something my grandmother would wear, or just isn't down right ugly. I can strut with confidence right to the handbags and enter heaven. They aren't telling me that I'm not thin enough to rock them.They tell me that I'm just right. I'm perfectly imperfect, and purses accept that.There isn't any rifling through the rack hoping that they're your size and then praying they fit correctly, because you know it will fit like a dream. You dont' have to ask,"Does this make me look pregnant? If I suck it in all day, this MIGHT look ok. Maybe, I'll wear Spanx and just not eat all day.I don't like being able to breathe anyway." There's only, "Do I want a long shoulder strap? Red leather or tan? Pattern print or solid color?"  Whether it's a Betsey Johnson, Steve Madden, Nine West, or Michael Kors, it doesn't matter. Any woman, any shape or size, can wear them with pride. 

 

I love how I feel when I have a new bag on my shoulder. I don't feel like the elephant in the room anymore. I feel transformed into a trendy women who's in charge with a sexy bag. With a nice bag, all is right with the world. Do I sound a little crazy about bags? If I do, that's ok. Buying handbags are my healthy/unhealthy vice. Everyone has their vices, so who is anyone to judge? There isn't fashionable clothing out there for everyone, but there is a bag for everyone. On days when you do feel like a busted can of biscuits, it's ok. Pull out your nice bag, throw on something you feel comfortable in, and strut. And you know what? Go ahead and eat a cinnamon roll while you're at it. I'm not judging, and neither is your handbag. 

-Jaxx






0 comments:

Post a Comment